February 18, 2020
IMPORTANT UPDATE March 13, 2020: With social distancing and less travel top of mind at this time across the country, we have decided to postpone the weekly #VerityMugShots contest until a later date. Verity Solutions is committed to doing our part during this time of the COVID-19 outbreak, for our employees and communities, and are sensitive to the hardships this creates. We look forward to a better time.
We may be based in Kirkland, Washington, but we get around! Follow #VerityMugShots to find out more about our adventures and maybe even win a prize.
To be entered to win a small prize (and bragging rights), just look for a #VerityMugShots post every week in our Twitter or Facebook social media feeds until May 4, 2020. If the post includes “Where’s Verity?”, take a guess at the location in the original post comments section. If you are right, you will be entered in a drawing on the following Monday to win a small gift card.
This is intended for simple, lighthearted fun. And maybe to experiment with a little social media reach. However, we’ve been advised by our legal people to have official rules and disclaimers. You can find those below.
Let the adventures begin!
SERIOUS OFFICIAL RULES:
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who respond in the comments section of the original “Where’s Verity” social media post. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Verity Solutions, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”). The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant agrees to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Verity Solutions as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Campaign will run weekly starting February 19, 2020 and ending May 4, 2020 at midnight, PST. Entries will be accepted online starting on the day of a #VerityMugShots social media post with “Where’s Verity?” in the message and will end at noon PST the Monday after that week’s post.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting a #VerityMugShots location guess in the social media comments section of the original “Where’s Verity?” post. Correct answers will be included in the weekly drawing. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Verity Solutions.
5. Prizes: Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a gift card valued at approximately $5. And bragging rights. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Verity Solutions. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Verity’s discretion. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Verity Employees may guess but will not be included in the #VerityMugShots drawings.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of Verity Solutions. Winner will be notified by email or social media messaging within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Verity shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
8. Terms & Conditions: Verity Solutions reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Verity’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign.
9. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Verity Solutions and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
10. Disputes: If it seriously comes to that, the participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
12. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Verity Solutions, 12131 113th Ave NE, Kirkland WA 98034 USA.
13. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by Verity Solutions is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook (or any other social media company).
14. By entering the sweepstakes the Contestant has affirmatively agreed to all of the Official Rules.